Monday, November 16, 2009

Home Improvements (Part Four) 257

Last paragraph, last post was:

Even more comforting was that he was saying "we" a lot. "We'll come up with the pole," etc. However, E.F. told me to make all the arrangements. Bobolink was contributing positively to the conversation, which was also very comforting.
The problem here is this: As long as they're alive and able, my dealings about this place will be with E.F. Hutton and Abbie. They own the land. E.F. Hutton has said there is a possibility they'd sell this plot to me outright. I think Abbie favors a 99 year lease - in her eyes, there's no difference.

But there is a difference. When the land itself passes down to Bobolink so will the 99 year lease. I don't think Bobolink himself would ever do me wrong, but because men often think with their little heads instead of their big ones, Bobolink could be influenced by some woman to kick me off the property. Especially if the woman is the girlfriend he had up at the shop last Saturday. What if they get married, and Bobolink gets killed in an wreck or something? Then the gold digger wife would hold my lease. What then???

BUT I can't afford to buy this place now. I don't even know if I can afford the home improvements. To me, the bigger problem is improving the place - because it would solve a lot of problems with the trailer itself - but it would be a shame to sink a bunch of money into permanent structures without some steadfast leagal assurance that I could live here until I die.

Mother is adamant about it, and wants all of us to sit down and sort it out; and I suppose a pow-wow is necessary sometime soon. It hurts my brain to think about such complicated affairs. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, etc., and how is it possible to get all parties on the same wavelength? Stuff like this makes my hair hurt.

And on top of all this, technically I don't even have a job. I trust Whatagreatguy's word, but until I'm on the road again, I don't have a job.

In other news, I'm having a relapse of whatever this bug is, cold/flu/whatever. I feel like doodoo today. I've been taking the antibiotics, but I don't think they're helping much.

Photobucket