Saturday, November 7, 2009

Testing The New Printer 251

When I'm on the road I usually put my load info on a graphic then add it into the blog post as a picture - so Mother can easily print it. Example. She could click on the info, it would open up in a new window, and then all she had to do was click the 'print' button. (She's not very computer savvy.)

But the printer that was attached to the desktop was a PIA. It was/is an old Dell AIO 962 that would tell you it was out of ink if Dell brand cartridges weren't installed; it refused to print black and white if it was out of color ink; and worst of all, even 'compatible' ink was super expensive. The scanner didn't work either. So I bought a new printer the other day at Office Max.

It's a HP Officejet 6500. For the price, $99.00, I think it's going to be a great printer for our simple needs. Anyway, what follows is a new graphic I made for Mother to print my load info - one that hopefully uses less ink, and exercises the color cartridges - keeps them from drying out. These are tests only:

Load Info Test_01

Load Info Test_02

Load Info Test_03

Well, maybe it won't use less ink, but the last one works. Now I can mark this off my list of things to do.