Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Money From Blue Cross? 244

If you're a regular reader, you know BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama recently reimbursed me $2075.00 (one big, fat check!) for their part of my prescription drugs thus far in 2009. That's just this year.

However, I can file up to 2 years worth of claims; so yesterday I picked up a prescription history (from CVS) for 2008. According to that report I spent $2971.82 last year. If BCBS pays 80% on all of them, I'll be reimbursed
$2377.45
Money! Dancing, Baby! Fireworks

In other news:



As I said on Facebook, I hope they throw the book at this guy and his wife. I hope they both have to get legitimate jobs and work for years to pay off the fines. But I also hope they don't break up the family. I feel sorry for the kids, especially little Falcon, but I think they are loved and taken care of - even if their parents are a little of their rockers.

But I could'ave been under the wrong impression, according to this from Associated Press:

Records show that police have responded to the house at least twice in the past year, including a possible domestic violence incident in February. No charges were filed.

Alderden said officials tried Saturday to persuade Mayumi Heene, 45, to go to a safe house, but she declined.

"We talked to her at length about domestic violence, about her safety, about her children's safety," the sheriff said. "We have a concern, but we didn't have enough that would allow us or child protective services to physically take the kids from that environment."

Alderden said the children were still with the parents Sunday morning, and child protective services had been contacted to investigate the children's well-being.

"Clearly, from all indications, Mr. Heene has somewhat of a temper," Alderden said.


The AP article says "The stunt was two weeks in the planning....", and "Documents show that a media outlet has agreed to pay money to the Heenes with regards to the balloon incident, Alderden said. He didn't name the media outlet, but said it was a show that blurs "the line between entertainment and news." It wasn't clear whether the deal was signed before or after the alleged hoax, or whether that media outlet was a possible conspirator."

Wow.

Last but not least, Chesty Puller came up to the house a little while ago. It was so good to finally meet him in person - I hugged him and shook his hand. He's a cute, tall, and extremely nice young man, with above average intelligence and maturity. I'm so proud we have people like him in our military.