Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Remington Model 870 Express Combo 247

Remington Model 870 Express Compact 20 GA ShotgunDisabro and I went to Simmons Sporting Goods (Bessemer, AL) yesterday and bought a Remington Model 870 Express Compact 20 GA Shotgun for the house. We looked at bigger models, but "This affordable pump-action combo is a perfect fit for the smaller shooter. ...this quick-pointing 20-gauge provides rifle-like accuracy...."

It's light and short enough for Mother to fire if she has to. She can't get it up to her shoulder, but she looks pretty tough with it tucked in under her arm Cool smilie

Remington's website is right about "rifle-like accuracy". Disabro set up a target behind the house and we practiced shooting it for a while. Except for the spray pattern of the birdshot we practiced with, I can't tell much difference between this little shotgun and the 30-30 rifle I used to deer hunt with - when it comes to aiming and firing, that is. Absolutely no problem hitting the target, and very little recoil.

These videos show what the recoil felt like to me:







During the Pit Bull disaster, when that innocent old dog was killed, nobody attacked our physical, personal property - as bad at that situation was. Saturday night, for no apparent reason, we were personally attacked. I'd like to catch The Delinquent neighbor attacking us now!

However, it's my most sincere hope and prayer (I asked God last night) that the boy will straighten up and become a fine young man instead of rolling downhill "like a snowball headed for hell".

In other news: All of Mother's blood tests are back, and they were normal. All that's wrong with her now, as far as anybody knows, is her shoulder pain. It seems to ease up a little (not much) with Tylenol and the heating pad.

Remember More Money From Blue Cross?? They did reimburse me yet again - one big fat direct deposit this time. I've been able to afford things like the shotgun, etc., and I'm yearning to improve some other things around here. Money!

Remember The Progression Of Anger - Battling A Demon - where I said

Mile after mile of being tossed around until I felt like throwing up. Where's our great black hope now? Come on, Obama. Why don't you take a ride with me down this highway? Never mind. You're too busy selling us to China, with no hope of ever being our own nation again. And Hillary. Once she was in China trying to promote women's rights - imposing our ideals on a foreign nation. Now she's there thanking them for buying our souls.
Porter forwarded a cute picture via email the other day:

Thanks Obama

What the sign doesn't say is that she owes that money to China. Seriously.

And finally, it's 8 days until my appointment with Dr. Misery, and maybe it won't be too long after that when I can get back to work.