Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dr. Flagman Says NO 234

Email conversation with Whatagreatguy:

Me:
It's me again, Margaret....
As I mentioned on your voice mail yesterday, I have an appointment with Dr. Goodheart, Cardiologist at UAB (Kirkland Clinic), on Nov 4th. (Really cool that the woman I talked to there ... her husband is a driver, and understood exactly where I was coming from.) I spent part of the day yesterday going around signing releases for my medical records to be sent to Dr. Goodheart's office. What I need to know now is: Is your dad willing to extend my certification for another month without verifying my cardiac condition - until I can establish myself with Dr. Goodheart? I hope you don't mind that I'm communicating with Dr. Flagman through you. This way keeps everybody informed with a written record of what's going on.

I appreciate you Whatagreatguy. Appreciate AMX and my wonderful health insurance. I even appreciate 007 :-) :-) :-)"

Whatagreatguy:
Unfortunately no he will not.
We should have had this done before the end of your 90 days. I think this was the 2nd 90 day card you were given?

Me:
He certified me the first time for 90 days - time to get a letter from my doctor.
He got the letter, but only recertified for 90 more days. I guess he intended to certify me for 90 days at a time from now on - no matter how healthy my other doctors say I am - and no matter what kind of proof he has. I don't know what to do now.

Whatagreatguy:
Problem is you are only allowed so many 90 cards. Have you called the clinic?

Me:
Dr. Flagman's clinic? No - I guess I should though. I know how busy he is, and hate to bother him, but this is my job we're talking about.... And I thought about getting another stress test done the day after he recertified the last time, but I wanted to wait as late as possible (a week before expiration) in order to give your dad the most accurate report on my health. I thought that was his purpose in doing this 90 day thing - to keep an eye on my health. I've got some scrambling to do now....

Whatagreatguy:
Call the clinic and ask for Christy (Dr. Flagman's nurse)

Me:
Not sure who I talked to, but I just hung up from the clinic. I told the girl the situation, and that there must be a miscommunication somewhere. She said Dr. Banner or his nurse would call me back sometime today - hopefully this morning.

Whatagreatguy:
Kung Fu needs you to pick up a load and bring it down to the yard (he will get someone to deliver it), then you can go to clinic in person.

Me:
Good deal. Load info is probably already on Qualcomm. Will leave the house within 45 minutes.
_________________________________________________________

Dr. Flagman was already gone by the time I got to his office at 4:15PM, so I came to the Flying J to spend the night. I will deliver this load of bricks in the morning, so back to the yard, and go back to Dr. Flagman's office to try to clear things up.

Like I told the girl in his office yesterday, there are drivers who've had open heart surgery that don't have to go through this.