Thursday, October 8, 2009

God Does Little Favors For Me 236

I will be off work at home (I'm here now) until after 11/04/09 because, in a nutshell, the AMX company doctor, Dr. Flagman, wouldn't renew my medical certificate until I see a cardiologist. I have an appointment with a UAB cardiologist that Dr. Flagman knows on Nov 4th.

This is a blessing in disguise for me because:


  • I needed to get my Neon up here to Mother. This was a biggie for me. See Neon Troubles

  • I just received a refund of $2075.19 from my insurance company that will 'tide me over' for a month. See Rich Icing

  • Whatagreatguy has assured me I will get my job back, and 007 will have me back as one of her drivers.

  • ______________________________________________
    The reasons for the whole situation:
  • 03/08/09 - I was off work with a shoulder injury when I decided to build a small chain link fence for Buddy - because I knew nobody around here would walk her once I went back to work. I started having chest pains. From Big Sigh Of Relief - Foot No Hurt Today

  • 03/09/09 - ".... My chest started hurting again, but it was worse this time. It was a bad burning sensation in my breastbone, and I could almost feel a kind of tingle in my hands. I came inside and sat down. ... I'm an excellent candidate for heart trouble/disease. It's prevalent in my family; I smoke; I'm overweight; etc., etc., etc." From This Fence Is Killing Me! :-)

  • 03/11/09 - The EKG was good - it showed no signs of heart attack. But Dr. Razoredge was concerned that I might have Angina, ... ordered a Lexiscan induced cardiac stress test for tomorrow over at the main hopsital across the street. From Had My Chest Pain Checked Out - Mother In Tow

  • 03/12/09 - I had the stress test done. "...I don't expect to hear from Dr. Feelgood's nurse until sometime around Noon tomorrow...." From Lexiscan Cardiac Stress Test

  • 03/13/09 - Cinderella called me around 12:30 this afternoon and told me I tested positive. For angina, I guess, since the EKG showed no heart problems. I don't remember all that was said, but the nutshell version is: I have an appointment with a Cardiologist for an angiogram next Thursday at Princeton Hospital. Depending on those results, they'll either put in a stent(s) or do the balloon deal the same day, i.e., Angioplasty. I am to go prepared to spend the night if necessary. From Cardiac Stress Test Results Not Good

  • 03/16/09 - Nitroglycerin - Will I Blow Up?

  • 03/17/09 - More Nitro Please

  • 03/20/09 - I vaguely remember the doctor showing me the x-ray like picture where the blockage was, and telling me I was lucky. Next think I remember was being in the room where 3 younger imbeciles, including the one in red, worked on trying to get the artery in my leg to stop bleeding. They were like Larry, Curly, and Moe, and I told them they were going to let me bleed to death, or go into shock, if they didn't get somebody in there who knew what they were doing. I swore I'd never go back to this hospital or this doctor, Dr. Crowthong.From Princeton Was A Bad Expereince

  • 03/21/09 - LAD = left anterior descending artery. The main artery to the heart. It was 99% blocked. At least Disabro and I think this is what Dr. Crowthong said. ... I found out later ... that Dr. Crowthong put a Xience V Drug Eluting Stent in the artery.... Started taking 325mg Asprin, 75mg Plavix, and 40mg (instead of 20mg) Crestor.From Angiogram Showed 99% Blockage In LAD

  • 03/24/09 - I have an appointment with the Cardiologist, Dr. Crowthong, on April 8 at 8:45AM. He is supposed to release me back to work - the only reason I'm going to see him. No other doctor can give me the release. From Before I Forget....

  • 04/09/09 - Dr. Crowthong, the Cardiologist, released me back to work today....If I'm conscious, I'll never set foot on Princeton's grounds again. I am so thankful it's over now. From Dr. Crowthong Released Me Back To Work Today

  • 04/09/09 - Going Back To Work Monday

  • 04/13/09 - Whatagreatguy wanted me to see the doctor AMX uses for all it's medical stuff. Kinda cool because Dr. Flagman is also Whatagreatguy's father. Dr. Flagman gave me a complete DOT physical (new medical certification) but it's only good for 3 months. Dr. Flagman wants a letter from Dr. Feelgood or my cardiologist stating that they were aware I drive an 18 wheeler for a living when they released me back to work. Dr. Flagman also recommended a cardiologist at UAB who "works magic". From 90 Day Medical Card

  • 07/07/09 - The story of my 90 day medical card is here. It'll expire 7/13/09, so I've got to get back to Dothan to get a new one from Dr. Flagman. (He already has the letter from Dr. Feelgood stating it's ok for me to drive a big truck.) The next trip will get me through Dothan. From 90 Day Medical Card Expires Soon

  • 07/09/09 - "I got to the terminal around 9:00AM this morning. I checked in with the Safety Dep't. and then went to see Dr. Flagman (in my 4wheeler) for my new Medical Card. As it turned out, I didn't even see the doctor. The receptionist at his office already had a new card made out, and all I had to do was sign it. On the original "long form" Medical Report, under "Comments", Dr. Flagman had written: "7-9-09 Reviewed letter from driver's doctor. Extended card to 6 months. Exp 10-13-09." He wants to be sure I keep a good check on my heart condition, so I'll have to get another letter from Dr. Feelgood around the first of October." From Medical Card Extended Another 90 Days
  • 09/12/09 - Remember Medical Card Extended Another 90 Days from July 9th? This particular extension expires 10/13/09, so I called to make an appointment for another stress test yesterday. Cinderella called me back late in the afternoon and said there was some confusion as to why I needed one. I told her the AMX doctor, Dr. Flagman, had only extended my medical certificate for another 90 days after the last test/letter. So I have an appointment on October 5th at 7:00AM with the x-ray department at UAB West. Dr. Feelgood (or another doctor if he can't make it) will have to be there during the exercise part to make sure I don't croak. From 90 Day Medical Card Expires Soon - Again
  • 09/23/09 - I know I'll be home October 5th. That's when I do another stress test so I can get my medical certification extended again. The current extension expires October 13th. (Hope I don't have to go through this every three months from now on.) From From Wildwood FL

  • 10/05/09 - The outpatient admitting clerk at UAB West caused my stress test to be cancelled because she saw me with a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. The admitting clerk! I couldn't reschedule the stress test with Dr. Feelgood in time to meet the 10/13/09 expiration date, so I called and made an appointment with the cardiologist that Dr. Flagman knows at UAB Birmingham. I was counting on Dr. Flagman's understanding my situation, and giving me more time to get a letter for him. From Was She Conscientious Or Contentious?

  • 10/06/09 - Dr. Flagman didn't understand, nor was he willing to extend my medical certification for a month - I couldn't see the UAB Birmingham cardiologist until 11/04/09. So I picked up a load of bricks in Moody AL, delivered them in Dothan the next day, and cleaned out my truck. Just as I was packing the last of my stuff in the Neon, Whatagreatguy came out to talk to me. He said Dr. Flagman had given me 30 days at the last minute - a kind of 'mercy' deal. I turned it down because I needed to get the Neon up here, and I already had all that stuff moved out....From Dr. Flagman Says NO


  • And that's why I'm going to off until after 11/04/09.