Monday, October 12, 2009

Seems Like Red Tape and Expense? 239

Whatagreatguy couldn't find a way to keep me in AMX's computer system as an active employee because this isn't a medical issue. It's a paperwork issue. That means I'll be classified as a 'rehire' when I go back to work, and I won't be eligible for company paid insurance for 90 days. I'm going to have to pay for my own insurance, through COBRA, beginning 11/1/09. It's going to cost $324.00 per month.

Thanks to a conscientious (contentious) admitting clerk and a reluctant Medical Examiner, I'm having to go through more hassle and expense that a driver who's had open heart surgery. If all this seems like a lot of red tape and money to y'all, that's because it is. Totally unnecessary - except for how it fits in with the way God is providing solutions to my problems. Therefore, since I believe this is God's will, I don't mind any of it.

I've just filled out the COBRA papers and wrote a check to BCBS. Can't let the health insurance lapse under any circumstances.