Saturday, October 31, 2009

Welcome Facebook Friends :-) 248

Lately I've been trying to connect with more people on Facebook. This is the personal message (or one similar to it) I'm sending along with my friend requests:

I'm a 48 yr old female truck driver who's been driving for 12+ years now - mostly OTR in the US. I keep a little blog that feeds to my "Wall" and "Notes" pages here at Facebook. Quite frankly, I'm looking for people to follow the links to the original posts (at amx1047.blogspot.com ), and maybe read my posts. I try to make 50% of them interesting and informative, while the other 50% is simply my diary. Blogspot is a free Google service.

My ulterior motive is to get people to check out the Google AdSense Ads that appear on my blog. For those who don't know, AdSense is a free service offered by Google that allows people/companies/etc. to advertise on my blog, and I get to collect a tiny little fee for the space - for legitimate clicks, that it. I earn a fraction of a cent for every legitimate click. My little AdSense account is up to $3.98 now, and when I get to $100.00, Google will mail me a check.

I'm new to Facebook, but I love the way it operates! With one glance you can see what all your "friends" are doing. Very cool the way it's set up. I'm also addicted to Farmville, Farm Town, and YoVille. So I'd be grateful if you'd approve me as a friend - especially if you're familiar with trucking.

Thanks much,
Sherry Collum

P.S. I'm going down the list of suggested friends, so it's likely we're already a little familiar with each other from a mutual friend's wall :-)

McAdory HS '79
Bevill State Truck Driver Training '94


For those just tuning in, I've been off the road since 10/06/09 because, in a nutshell, the AMX company doctor, Dr. Flagman, wouldn't renew my medical certificate until I see a cardiologist. I have an appointment with a UAB cardiologist that Dr. Flagman knows on Nov 4th. The whole story of my heart condition (Angina) is HERE - it'll open in a new window if you're interested.

In the sidebar is a list of Characters, so if you're reading a post and don't know who I'm talking about, just glance to the the left. Next is the Table of Contents. And finally there's a section called "Tags I list under my posts in alfa order." All of those tags are links back to their respective posts, with an indication of how many times that tag is used in the blog. I try to include as many tags as possible with a post without them being trivial. I use the tags for reference just as you can.

And don't forget - Google ads are our friends!

Photobucket