Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not Much To Report.... 245

Not much has happened since the last time I posted. Mother's shoulders have been hurting her real bad for the last few days. Unrelated to her shoulders, I took her to her doctor's office this morning to give another blood sample. They took blood (for a detailed analysis) the last time she went to the doctor, oh, I guess 2 or 3 weeks ago. The results of that workup aren't back yet, so I'm not sure what today's sample was about. Mother probably told me; and I probably lost it somewhere between Noah and all the rain we've been having lately. (That's a joke. Ask Mother what time it is, and she'll tell you how to build a clock.)

While she was there, she made an appointment to see her doctor about her shoulders on Nov 4th. That's the earliest she could get in to see him. I wish I could be sure it was just arthritis....

I've been playing a lot of the games on Facebook. I hated all the requests for "neighbors" and "gifts" at first, but the more I get into it, the more addictive it gets. Here's a couple of screenshots of my farm and me standing in my little fields:

I'm out standing in my fields  :-)

I'm out standing in my fields  :-)

This is called "Farmville". You plant, grow, and harvest whatever you plant, and then sell it to earn more money. But you have to remember that seed and plowing costs money, so it's just like running a real farm. Well, kinda sorta. At any rate, it's a precious, very intricate, little game, and I'm becoming addicted to it.

There are other similar games on Facebook - all of which involve your "friends". It was good to see Porter join Facebook yesterday. I'm sure he's overwhelmed with all the requests I've sent him :-)

Lastly, I'll be glad to get back to work. Sitting around here so long just doesn't seem right.