Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Big Hug From/To Fillinguy 203

I'm still at the Flying J in Houston (Baytown, really) TX.

A short while ago I had to call the guard at AMX to get authorization to buy some fuel. (Idling a truck uses about a gallon per hour, and I haven't shut it off since I've been here.) I was pleasantly surprised to hear Fillinguy's voice on the other end. He's like a big teddy bear to me. Anyway, I talked to him a few minutes about what happened with the CHR loads.

After I fueled I sent this message to him:

9/6/09: ME: 19:59
Thanks Fillinguy. Regardless of how I felt about that last CHR load, it fell through. I woulda picked it up, but it fell through. That's not my fault. But I was glad it fell through.

Fillinguy: 20:29 I know

ME: 20:49: ... that's what I'm guilty of - being happy about it. No need to reply. It helps just to talk about it. So for being my sounding board, thanks so much.

Fillinguy: 21:03: ... U is welcome-- always do the right thing.

It made me feel a lot better to just talk about it, so I feel like I've just been given a big hug - whether I was right or wrong. Fillinguy used to be a driver, and he's been around this business a long time. He understands how I feel about the situation.

In other news: Remember how happy I was that the electronic cigarettes actually worked? I spoke too soon. The replacement cartridges are "hit and miss" in their quality. The last box I bought weren't as good as the first ones, so I haven't used the NJoy cig much at all lately. And another thing - these cartridges make me cough on the exhale.

I'm still chain smoking, and I don't think it's going to be possible for me to cut down, much less quit. I was going to try to watch what I eat too, but that's not working out either. So I guess I'm going to have to rely on the expensive prescriptions to keep me in good enough shape to work. It's funny how I can afford to die, but I can't afford to be sick.

Buddy and I have been walking though. At least that's something positive.