Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome Facebook Readers 218

Yesterday I became "friends" with several Facebook members who are interested in trucking. This is the message I sent to each of them along with my friend request:

Hi! Are you a driver? I'm a 48 yr old female driver who's been at it for 12+ years now - mostly OTR in the US. I keep a little blog that feeds to my "Wall" and "Notes" pages here at Facebook. Quite frankly, I'm looking for people to follow the links to the original posts (at amx1047.blogspot.com ), and maybe read my posts. I try to make 50% of them interesting and informative, while the other 50% is simply my diary.

My ulterior motive is to get people to check out the Google AdSense Ads that appear on my blog. For those who don't know, AdSense is a free service offered by Google that allows people/companies/etc. to advertise on my blog, and I get to collect a tiny little fee for the space - for legitimate clicks, that it. I earn a fraction of a cent for every legitimate click. My little AdSense account is up to $3.78 now, and when I get to $100.00, Google will mail me a check.

I'm new to Facebook, but I love the way it operates! With one glance you can see what all your "friends" are doing. Very cool the way it's set up. So I'd be grateful if you'd approve me as a friend - especially if you're a driver. Trucking is the only thing I know anymore.

Thanks much,
Sherry Collum


So hopefully there are a few more readers - who see just what they've been looking for in the ads Cool smilie

For those just tuning in, I'm on my way to Bellmawr NJ with 6 huge rolls of paper from International Paper in Pine Hill AL. Home is on the way, so that's where I am now - Bessemer, AL. My delivery appointment is for 1:00PM Monday, but I'm willing to bet IP in Bellmawr will take it off early if I'm there.

I don't have a PC card for wireless internet acess, so I use truckstop wifi whenever I have access and time. Sometimes it's a couple or three days before I have the opportunity to update the blog.

In the sidebar is a list of Characters, so if you're reading a post and don't know who I'm talking about, just glance to the the left. Under that is a section of ads. Next is the Table of Contents. And finally there's a section called "Tags I list under my posts in alfa order." All of those are links back to their respective posts, with an indication of how many times that tag is used in the blog. I try to include as many tags as possible with a post without them being trivial. I use the tags for reference just as you can.

Photobucket