Sunday, September 13, 2009

WalMart Pharmacy Stinks 212

Posting from the Flying J in Wytheville VA.

Years ago I had a prescription filled at WalMart. Now I remember why I never used them again. Suffice it to say they're still the idgets they were back then, with the cashier holding several slips of paper in one hand and several little bags in the other, trying to match the slips to the bags - which were stapled closed with their contents inside. When I asked, "What is this one?" she studied the slip for a moment and said, "Oh, I might have missed that one...."

When God was handing out patience, I was at the end of the line. Stuff like this irritates me to no end - especially when I'm in a hurry. The line started backing up down an isle, and finally I said, "Why don't you let me take these things over here and see what I'm getting while you wait on some of these other people?" She obliged.

I was expecting to pick up 4 prescriptions - Effexor, Lisinopril, Aspirin, and the new cholesterol medicine phoned in by Cinderella. WalMart had the Effexor, the new medicine, and Gemfibrozil ready. Apparently Cinderella phoned in Gemfibrozil too - I've always taken it in conjunction with Crestor, and she thought it was $4.00 at WalMart. Cinderella was trying to help me save some money....

But CVS had arranged (without my knowledge) for more refills on the Gemfibrozil several days ago; called the house to see if I still wanted it; Mother, in turn, called to tell me about it; I called CVS Friday and told them to hold it since they'd refilled it anyway; and I picked it up yesterday. It's the same price at WalMart and CVS, so I told the WalMart cashier I didn't want it. (Just a note to myself: This is a Dr. Feelgood prescription, and I have 3 refills on it.)

I only got 15 Effexor because that's what I got last time. At WalMart it's $73.23. At CVS (Jacksonville, FL) it's $72.92. I have 2 refills on this, so when I have it transferred back to CVS there should be no problems. (This is a Dr. Feelgood prescription.)

WalMart probably didn't have the Aspirin ready because I had it filled last at CVS Jacksonville. I just wish I'd known, instead of trusting WalMart when they said, "We'll have them ready in an hour." But WalMart didn't have my phone number, so.... I'm glad in a way - one less rx I'll have to transfer back to CVS. I have 1 refill on this. This is a Dr. Crowthong prescription.) I will need this by Friday morning, and can get it refilled on the road.

WalMart probably didn't have the Lisinopril (blood pressure) ready because I had it filled last at CVS Jacksonville too. (This is a Dr. Feelgood prescription, and I have 7 refills on it.) I will need this by Friday morning, and can get it refilled on the road.

I also take Metoprolol Tartrate (beta blocker). (This is a Dr. Feelgood prescription, and I have 2 refills on it.)

I said yesterday that Dr. Feelgood was prescribing Sivastatin to replace Crestor, but I was wrong. The new cholesterol medicine is Pravastatin 40mg.