Wednesday, September 23, 2009

From Wildwood FL 223

007 didn't have a load for me after I got rid of the Hazmat stuff in Ocoee FL this afternoon, so I drove to the TA in Wildwood FL to spend the night.

I learned how to file drug claims on BCBS's website, but I don't have the required authorization numbers issued by the CVS. I called CVS just now; they'll give me a printout of all that stuff, but there's no way to get the information online. So, I'll have to wait until I get home again to file my claims. Not sure when that'll be, but I know I'll be home October 5th. That's when I do another stress test so I can get my medical certification extended again. The current extension expires October 13th. (Hope I don't have to go through this every three months from now on.)

Ordinarily, Medical Certifications are good for two years; However, according to the FMCSA's webpage, Cardiovascular Advisory Panel Guidelines for the Medical Examination of Commercial Motor Vehicle Drivers, under 'Frequency of Re-certification Examinations':
Under the FMCSRs, the Medical Examiners Certificate is not valid for more than two years. The driver can be certified for three months, six months, one year, or another length of time decided on by the examiner, not to exceed two years.
It's funny how this post seems so short, and yet I've spent so much time researching and writing it. Goodnight.