Sunday, September 27, 2009

Filing The BCBS Drug Claims 227

Remember when I said, "I learned how to file drug claims on BCBS's website, but I don't have the required authorization numbers ....CVS [will] give me a printout of all that stuff, ... So, I'll have to wait until I get home ...." in From Wildwood FL?

I got the 3 page printout Friday afternoon. The print was tiny and confusing so I spent an hour with a ruler marking off and separating the pertinent info. To make matters worse, each store can only print it's own records; i.e. I had to contact CVS in Clewiston FL; Meridian MS; Berea OH; and Jacksonville FL, and ask each of them to fax my records to the CVS here. I haven't picked them up yet, but when I do, I'll work them into a Word Document I created to organize the material. Then I'll finally be able to file the claims online with BCBS.

From what I can tell, I've spent $3,046.25 on prescription thus far in 2009. If I get even 1/2 of that back, that's over $1500.00!
Money!

In other news, I've got 713 miles to go from here, at the house. That's 13 hrs at 55mph, so that means 1 ten hour break, = 23 hours all together. I've got to be there at 2:30PM tomorrow, so if I leave the house by 3:30 this afternoon I should be ok.