Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Too Hot To Walk In Houston 204

Today is Labor Day.

Checking in from the Flying J in Houston. We're still here. It's another one of those bright, yucky, depressing days. We've only been able to walk around the parking lot once today because it got too hot for me. Right now it's 93 degrees (heat index 98); but the wind is stirring a little, so maybe it'll cool off before long.

I've just about decided to take Buddy back home - if I still have a job next week, that it. It's not fair to her when I get depressed like this. I don't want to neglect her, and yet all I want to do is sleep when stuff like this happens. All this walking probably isn't going to change anything anyway.

I can't believe how the time has flown by. It's already late Monday afternoon, and tomorrow I'll get dispatched again. It'll probably be back towards the east, and I'll sweat the next few days wondering when/if they'll bring me in to the terminal. Actually, I need to get to the terminal anyway because the truck is due service, but ....

I've been reworking the tags in the sidebar here. I use them for reference when I want to find something in the past. And I've been clicking around Facebook some.

I turned my phone off Friday night and haven't turned it on since - except to make necessary calls. I haven't talked to Mother since then. That's depressing too, but I don't need the browbeating I'd get over something she knows nothing about. I miss not talking to her, but ....

Not much else to say for now.