Saturday, September 12, 2009

90 Day Medical Card Expires Soon - Again 211

Remember Medical Card Extended Another 90 Days from July 9th? This particular extension expires 10/13/09, so I called to make an appointment for another stress test yesterday. Cinderella called me back late in the afternoon and said there was some confusion as to why I needed one.

I told her the AMX doctor, Dr. Flagman, had only extended my medical certificate for another 90 days after the last test/letter. So I have an appointment on October 5th at 7:00AM with the x-ray department at UAB West. Dr. Feelgood (or another doctor if he can't make it) will have to be there during the exercise part to make sure I don't croak.

And remember It's Cheaper To Be Healthy from August 27th - where I sent the fax to Dr. Feelgood/Cinderella informing them of my decision to quit taking Plavix and Crestor because I couldn't afford them? I never heard back from them, but Cinderella acknowledged it yesterday.

The results of my last blood test on 8/24/09 were bad - 246 bad and 36 good cholesterol, or something like that. So Dr. Feelgood is prescribing Simvastatin, a generic Zocor, I think. Cinderella said it's $4.00 at WalMart, so that's where she phoned it in to. She sort-of doubtfully said, "Maybe it'll work for you."

An Anonymous commenter stated, in Angiogram Showed 99% Blockage In LAD he/she went through the same thing 1.5 years ago and Sivastatin was his/her generic for Crestor.

Since I'm using WalMart pharmacy now, I had my Effexor, Lisinopril, and Aspirin transferred there from CVS. Hopefully they didn't have any problems with the transfer, because I'm planning on picking all of them up when I leave for New Jersey this morning.

And finally, I have decided to leave Buddy here this trip. I'll be in kind-of a hurry to get to New Jersey because I want to get up there in time to get in a 10 hour break before I unload. That way I'll be able to legally work all day Monday. But I'll pick her up again the next time I come through the house. I need my exercise machine and navigator.