Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Cheaper To Be Healthy 170

I've been taking a bunch of expensive prescription medicines since my Angina attacks and stent placement last March. (That story begins with This Fence Is Killing Me!, posted on 3/9/09.) It was getting to the point that I could only buy 1/2 of them at a time.

For instance, on 7/31 I bought 15 tablets of 75mg Plavix and they were $76.43! 15 tablets of 40mg Crestor were $59.83! I felt like I was working just so I could buy all the medicine I take:

Prescription Prices

So on 8/15/09, when I ran out again in Jacksonville FL, I decided to buy 15 of my Effexor ($72.92), all the Aspirin, and and all the Lisinopril. (Effexor is for depression, and I definately don't want to be without it.) I had a few Plavix left, and I was totally out of Crestor. I knew that, unless I cut back on some of this stuff, I'd never get back to where I was before I got sick. That's my decision, and I'm sticking to it for at least a couple of months.

The point in all this is that I've decided to make a real effort to be healthier. It's cheaper that way. This is the fax I sent to Dr. Feelgood and Cinderella:

Fax to Cinderella and Dr. Feelgood

But I haven't heard back from them yet. (At some point before I had bloodwork done on 8/24/09, I called Cinderella just to touch base about my decision. She said she'd leave some Crestor and Plavix samples at the lab for me. And sure enough, she did.)

I'm real tired now; so let me say I'm posting from the Flying J in Carnesville GA, and this is the trip I'm under now:

Trip 194

Goodnight!