Sunday, August 2, 2009

From Elkton MD 152

I left the house yesterday around 9:00AM and made it as far as Raphine VA before my legal work time ran out - 584 miles. Today was going pretty good until I got close to the Washington D.C. area, and traffic started getting thick. It got worse the further north I went. Bumper to bumper, from a dead stop to 45 mph. Shift up two gears, then shift down two gears, over and over. I don't know why it's so thick today, but I finally decided to stop at the TA in MD for my 10 hour break. I'll try it again around midnight.

Trip 185
The arrow marks where I am now.

This is what the rest of my trip looks like:

Trip 185

No way do I want to fight this mob up through New Jersery and New York! It should be cleared out after midnight, and since I only have 233 more miles (4.5 hours at the most) I don't feel too bad about stopping now.