Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Otis Elevator Ship Delivers Friday 157

(Still at the Flying J in Ruther Glen VA)

From the QualComm:

8/5/09; 8:27 - me:
007, I've still got 990 real miles to go. was a wreck that slowed things down a bit - plus loading at 2PM instead of 12. Just letting you know.

8:30 - 007
You need to contact broker

8:30 - me
Ok

8:47 - me
Broker said Friday AM. Don't know if she changed it or not - I just told her how far out I am (farrr out man!) she put me on hold for a second, then came back and said "Friday morning"

8:58 - me
...ok?

9:01 - 007
Alright

9:05 - me
I wish everything could be drop/hook - we'd be rich.

9:25 - 007
Yep

Actually, when the broker said, "Friday morning," she went on to say "...will that work for you?" I said, "Yeah, that'd be great. I know I can get it there by then."

The load info on the Qualcomm (for the receiver) just says TBA (to be announced), so I've got to call the number listed on the bills to find out exactly where this elevator is going.

Because I'm on a campaign to make more money this month, delivering Friday means I'll only get 2 trips off, or delivered for this pay period. (It might have worked out that way regardless.) I'll still get paid for a total of 2600+ miles - better than I have been doing lately.

And I'm really kinda glad it's Friday instead of tomorrow, because I guess I was too tired to sleep last night. It was about 4:30AM when I finally dozed off. I feel pretty good now, but I know it'll hit me later in the day.

It's 11AM now, and I'm about to leave Ruther Glen VA. My 10 hour break was up at 9AM. Next stop is Kenley NC, 186 miles, where I've got to take on some fuel and get a shower.