Monday, August 10, 2009

So Close, Yet So Far Away 161

It took forever to get unloaded at Harahan (New Orleans) this morning. The freight was flat corrigated pieces of cardboard that were wax coated. According to the receiver, the shipper never bundles the stuff right - the cardboard slips out of the bundles. Thankfully my bundles were still together, but it took a long time for the forklift driver to take them off and make them nice, neat bundles again. I didn't get away from there until around lunch time.

Then I went to pick up my next load:
Trip 188

The route to PA brings me right through the house, but I ran out of time for today (on the 14 hour limit) in Tuscaloosa. So close, yet so far away. It's probably just as well though. This is only a 10 hour sleep break, and I usually don't get much sleep at the house during such a short time. But I fully intend to stop by there for 2 or 3 hours in the morning for hugs from Mother and my little Buddy.

I'll have all day Tuesday and Wednesday to go 950 miles. That's 475 miles per day, so there's plenty of time for a quick stop at the house to "recharge", so to speak.

I'm posting from the TA in Tuscaloosa, and I'm pretty tired. I ought to sleep soundly tonight.