Sunday, August 9, 2009

From Gulfport MS 160

Yesterday 007 told me to bring Trip 186, the load of recycle going to the Boise paper mill in Jackson AL, to the terminal because she had a Harahan LA load she needed me to deliver Monday (tomorrow). So, for me, Trip 186 terminated in Ashford AL. Somebody else will take it on to Jackson - 192 actual miles from the terminal.

The trip I'm under now - "under" because you back a bobtail under a trailer - pays 352 miles. AMX terminal to Jackson vs. AMX terminal to Harahan. 192 miles vs. 352 miles. It amounts to about 160 extra miles. Not the long trip I was hoping for, but it's still 160 miles I wouldn't have had otherwise, and I'm glad to get them.

Trip 187

After I dropped/hooked at the terminal, I made it to the Flying J in Gulfport MS - where I am now. I only have 83 miles to go, so I'll be here all day. I haven't taken down my curtain-things yet, but I think it's bright and sunny outside. Another one of those yucky days. The 4wheelers will be thick and more idiotic than ever, so I'll wait until tonight to finish up this trip.

When I first woke up I had a lot of little things I wanted to do, but now I'm so sleepy I can't hold my eyes open.

ZZZzzz

P.S. Was looking through my collections of animations and smilies for a sleeping smilie. I don't have any, but I (still) think this one is so funny:

Spock

(No offense to Mr. Spock. He knows I love him.)