Friday, August 21, 2009

Njoy Electronic Cigarettes - 167

Now for the business at hand:

Trip 192

(It doesn't deliver until Tuesday (8/25) because I have a doctor's appointment on Monday.)

From Warren PA I went to Wilmerding PA (which is really a part of Pittsburgh) and dropped/hooked a load of recycle at Cintas Document Management. This stuff isn't just garbage like most of the recycle we haul. (Remember They Should Still Call It Garbage?) This is stuff that companies purposely have destroyed to "Minimize [their] risk of identity theft, government fines and lawsuits...." These guys do it right too.

I wasn't allowed inside the building, but looking in from the ground at the dock doors the place was clean and organized. When the Cintas 6wheelers (panel vans or small delivery trucks) backed up to the docks, the drivers immediately wheeled out their plastic collection bins and went to work. I couldn't see what they did with the bins, but when the drivers came back out, they looked hot and sweaty. They take destroying sensitive stuff seriously.

Shredded documents

Shredded documents

Cintas Wilmerding PA

Because it was almost 5:00PM in Pittsburgh (mega rush hour) and one of Cintas little trucks had me blocked anyway, I took a long 10 hour break at the place. I didn't wake up until around 3:00AM this morning - nice and easy getting back out of there in the dead of night and no traffic. (It's a little tricky getting in and out of that area.) And then, when I got to a truck stop that had a scale, I went back to sleep for a while - I just can't seem to get moving for some reason. Maybe it's because I don't have any pressing deadlines. Who knows.

Anyway, now I'm at the TA in Wheeling, West Virginia, where I had to stop and get fuel. See? There's a tiny little sliver of WVA between PA and OH:

Wheeling WVA

And here's my route:

Trip 192 route

From here it's 725 miles to the house.

Somewhere along the way I've got to stop and get a money order for the ticket I got in Harrisburg PA the other day. I finally read the back of the ticket to see when it was due and YIKES! it's today! I called the number on the ticket to let them know I was putting it in the mail TODAY. The girl said she'd note it on the file.

12:08PM Quick update: This TA sells money orders, envelopes, and has a stamp machine, so the payment for my ticket is a done deal. I called to let them know, and a different girl said "No problem". Nice to have that taken care of now.

And now maybe I'm ready to get moving again....