Friday, August 28, 2009

My Blogs Come Up In Google Searches 171

I love Google. This blogging service, the one I do my blog(s) on, is a free Google service. AdSense, the Google Ads that appear on my blog, is also a free service; it allows people/companies/etc. to advertise on my blog, and I get to collect a tiny little fee for the space - for legitimate clicks, that it. As of now I'm up to $3.75. When I get up to $100.00, Google will mail me a check. I actually got a check from Google once.

And Google provides all kinds of analytical tools so I can see (when I can figure the reports out) how my little blogs are doing otherwise ....

For instance, I know that somebody typed “cra quest” on the main Google website, and a page from my Economic Understand blog showed up in the 8th position in the search results:

Google Webmaster Tools

And it looks like this on the results page:

Search results

I know people typed in these Queries, and pages from this blog showed up in various positions in the search results:

Google Webmaster Tools

(Anyone can Google the words in the graphic for themselves to see how the search results look.)

All this stuff is so interesting to me. Wish I could get paid to study it.... Anyway, these are a few reasons I do a blog like this one instead of putting content on MySpace or Facebook. I really like the way Facebook works though - very interwoven and organized.